Do What you Love

May 04, 2020

Are you a creative who started your business because you absolutely love what you do? Then we might have a great deal in common. 

 Since I became a business owner in June 2000, I have been searching for answers on how to do business better. Ways in which I can become more profitable and have my business work for me instead of me working so hard for my business. 

 Is this too much to ask for? I don’t think so. I see a lot of people doing it and a lot of them have mastered this craft. The craft of Entrepreneurship. 

 I have spent years in business training classes that say work on your business, not in your business. Well, I have struggled for a long time trying to make this very thing happen. To be honest who made this up? I think that is very misleading. Because, I think that people who are good at what they do enjoy what they do, and it is the very thing that makes their business successful. They should not stop doing that and focus on their business in ways that they are not gifted at. 


Let’s get this straight. Do not stop doing something you are great at and trade it for something you are less than good at.  


Last year I was forced to get out of my business for health reasons. I am still not able to get back to my business. This makes it a struggle to work with my team. However, it is really pushing me to find ways to work on my business through avenues that I am very good at. Like… 


  1. Building relationships inside and outside 
  2. Speaking 
  3. Writing
  4. Building relationships with people who are leaders in my industry. 
  5. Teaching and mentoring 


One of the mistakes I have made is stopping something that was vital to my business, and trade it for something I was not very good at because I didn’t understand this concept. 

It all goes back to - what do you want your perfect day to look like? One of the techniques that  I use is the Pareto Principle. I plan my day and try my best to spend 80% of my time creating and doing things that I enjoy. The other 20% on areas of my business I know I can only do and must get done for my business. 


If you can plan the perfect day, what would it look like in your business? How would you divide your time and prioritize your day, between things you know you enjoy and are very good at first, and then the things you know you must complete for your business? It’s time to do more of what you absolutely love and why you started this to begin with. 

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Cras sed sapien quam. Sed dapibus est id enim facilisis, at posuere turpis adipiscing. Quisque sit amet dui dui.


Stay connected with news and updates!

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.

We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.